KLAST on 12 computer cores
KLAST is a high-performance sequence similarity search tool.
KLAST is a fast, accurate and NGS scalable bank-to-bank sequence similarity search tool providing significant accelerations of seed-based heuristic comparison methods, such as the Blast suite of algorithms.
Relying on unique software architecture, KLAST takes full advantage of recent multi-core personal computers without requiring any additional hardware devices.
KLAST is a general purpose sequence similarity search tool. Therefore, it is available for use on a large panel of applications, such as gene identification, genome comparison & annotation, metagenomics, industrial biotechnology, agricultural and health genomics, bioinformatics education and more.
- Easy way to use the KLAST sequence comparison search tool by way of graphical components
- Prepare search jobs using sequence files available in CLC Bio Workbenches
- Prepare reference databanks from public and personal sources; accepted format are FASTA, Genbank, EMBL, Genpept, Uniprot, Silva and BOLD
- Compare two large sets of sequence databanks in a single run on your desktop computer
- Analyse results with graphical tables and sequence viewers
- Export data as spreadsheet compatible text files
- Use a fully integrated data filtering engine capable of selecting relevant hits with user-defined criteria (E-Value, identity, coverage, alignment length, etc.).
- Introduce biological classification data (GeneOntology, Enzyme, NCBI Taxonomy, etc.) within the KLAST results
- Does not require any additional hardware, since it is a software solution. It is easy to install, cost-effective and takes full advantage of multi-core processors