Aarhus, Denmark — March 12, 2013 — Today CLC bio released CLC Microbial Genome Finishing Module, an add-on module to CLC Genomics Workbench, which has been developed to help finish the assembly of small genomes.
CLC Microbial Genome Finishing Module is a collection of tools with different functionalities to identify, visualize, and solve problems in genome assemblies. The tools are:
- Align Contigs. Aligns contigs to a reference sequence or, in the absence of a reference, to the contigs themselves.
- Analyze Contigs. Analyzes the contig read mappings for possible misassemblies, single strandedness, coverage, broken pairs, and unaligned ends.
- Collect Paired Reads Statistics. Detects paired reads that map to separate contigs.
- Create Amplicons. Places amplicon annotations on sequences. Used before the Primer Creator to subdivide regions of interest into fragments of suitable sizes.
- Create Primers. Automates primer design for re-sequencing purposes.
- Add Reads to Contigs. Adds additional sequence data to existing contigs.
- Sample Reads. Allows a user-defined reduction in the number of reads.
- Find Sequence. Searches for names, sequence strings, or annotations in de novo assemblies, mappings, and sequencing data.
- Reassemble Regions. Reassembles selected regions in contigs. Useful for solving small misassemblies.
- Extend Contigs. Extends contigs with existing reads.
More about CLC Microbial Genome Finishing Module
Click here to get more information.
Click here to download CLC Microbial Genome Finishing Module.
About CLC bio
Contact CLC bio
Lasse Görlitz, VP of Communications
Tel: +1 (617) 765 0687